Marketers Won’t Invest in X Alternative Without Witnessing Benefits

  • The social media landscape is increasingly fragmented due to new and upcoming platforms like Threads and Mastodon.
  • So, what do marketers think of trying out new social media platforms?
  • Capterra’s recent Social Media Landscape Survey tried to find the answer.

The social media landscape is heating up, with multiple platforms like Threads entering the scene and competing for user acquisition. Simultaneously, the landscape is getting increasingly fragmented. In this scenario, marketers need to navigate various platforms and decide on the right one that can help them optimize their budgets and gain more user attention.

So, what do marketers think about trying various social media platforms for professional use, especially new entrants like Threads? Capterra’s Social Media Landscape Survey tried to find out the answer.

Here are a few insights from the study and what to look for when considering new platforms.

See more: How To Build a Profitable Social Media Marketing Funnel

Marketers Adopt Multiple Strategies To Invest in Social Platforms

In the world of social media, where audiences go, companies and marketers usually follow. With users spread across platforms, marketers have adopted different strategies to allocate their social media budgets. Regarding how their companies allocate budgets and resources to social media platforms, 53% of marketers said they allocated resources fairly evenly across multiple platforms. On the other hand, 47% focused a significant proportion of their budgets on one or two main platforms.

The decision to allocate resources on multiple or a selected few platforms depends on several factors, such as goals, platform dynamics and features, and available resources.

Important features of social media platforms when it comes to marketing

The most important features of social media platforms when it comes to marketing

Source: Capterra’s 2023 Social Media Landscape SurveyOpens a new window