- Showing employees that you appreciate them can improve engagement, retention, productivity and morale.
- You can demonstrate your appreciation by hosting events, happy hours, volunteer opportunities and annual retreats.
- Other ways to recognize your team include props, awards, recognition programs, gift cards, fitness opportunities, paid time off and social media accolades.
- This article is for small business owners and team leaders who want to know some creative ways to recognize their employees.
It takes a team to get a business off the ground and keep it running, and business owners with the most talented employees tend to have the most success. But finding and keeping the right talent takes more than good luck. One of the best ways to retain your employees is to show them that they are valued. We asked business leaders for some of the creative ways they show their appreciation and reward their employees.
Ways to make employees feel appreciated
Making your employees feel valued for all they do isn’t difficult, and it can pay off in a big way. These 20 tips offer some creative ideas for showing your gratitude to your team to retain your top performers, boost morale, and improve productivity.
1. Offer raises and bonuses.
One of the most direct ways to show your employees you appreciate them is to offer them raises or bonuses for the good work they do. Raises, beyond normal cost of living adjustments, are a highly effective way to retain your best employees and keep them satisfied and productive. Bonuses can also be built into your compensation plan for high-performing employees or teams to incentivize their continued effort and thank them for hitting their targets.
According to a study conducted by Payscale, the employees that are most satisfied with their employers tend to be those that either